Tuesday, October 07, 2008

yikes!

so- this pregnancy has brought some new symptoms (new for me, anyway). for example: nosebleeds. never had that with cole! then there is the intense pelvic pressure, which may or may not be connected to the extra strain on my back from doing too much yesterday. whatever the case, there's no other signs or anything that make me concerned; apparently, feeling like you're carrying an anvil in your colon can be normal. uncomfortable but normal (??). as for the backache, i'm SO lucky this time around- i remember having intense back pain from day one with cole. actually, i had it for some time before even getting pregnant, thanks to my job at the time. i've gotten off easy this time around, which i guess has made me a bit wimpy... i wonder if they'd consider letting me have an epidural just for the backache? ha. that, my friends, was a joke... an icepack will do fine. i can hardly believe how fast it's going this time around- already in our 25th week, it seems surreal. but, there's been a lot happening to make it fly by too- moving home, getting settled back in to the house, convention, our new little nephew, the every-day things that go along with having a small toddler ruling the roost... no wonder!

anyway, if anyone else out there has dealt with early pelvic pressure, any tips would be welcomed... like, is there any way to sit down without feeling like you're about to lay a very large, very heavy egg? i think i know how chickens feel, and i sincerely sympathize.

5 comments:

Heather T said...

Oh yes, pelvic pressure...didn't have it early on(just more pressure on my bladder earlier & yeah, colon occasionally, too than I had with Logan) but I sure have it now! Haven't found a comfy way to sit down and make it go away, but have found that if I lay down for a few min that seems to help some...just a thought! Good luck!:-)

Heather T said...

Oh yeah...and I had nosebleeds with Logan but not this one...weird, huh? Funny what pregnancy can do to your body! Well, sometimes not so funny, I suppose...;-) So glad that the little bundle that arrives makes it all worth it!:-)

Lindsay said...

thanks! this whole thing just started a day or two ago- at first i was a little worried, but good to know someone else is dealing with the same issues... and yeah, those little squirmy sweet bundles make it SO worth it!

TruffleLady said...

Lindsay,
Just a couple thoughts...
As far as nosebleeds are concerned, how much water do you drink? Any caffine (or however you spell it?) My gut instinct tells me that an iron deficiency will also have something to do with nosebleeds, but I can't find any connection on the web just offhand.

About the pelvic pressure...if it's enlarged veins or vericose veins, you need to get some rutin. This is a supplement that strengthens the vein walls, and my help with the nosebleeds too, come to think of it!

Hope this helps.
-Audrey

TruffleLady said...

I asked about water because you need to drink LOTS! And for every cup of caffine (or however you spell it...I'm tired!) you drink, you need to drink 3 more cups of water. Clear, filtered, clean water. When I was pregnant, and now that I'm nursing I drink about 3 litres of water (almost a full gallon) of water a day. Drink, drink, drink!