i know, it's tuesday but it REALLY feels like a monday. why? for starters, this is what i found in the sink this morning. HUGE kudos to my sweet husband for cleaning up supper last night and soaking the pan from the chicken and rice, but my dear, there was enough rice in there to make an entire meal. it WOULD have, but now it's water-logged. this is an issue with me because the rice is my absolute favorite part of the whole dish...
add to that two kids screaming simultaneously for over a half hour (when can i cry, too??), a cranky little boy that heartily refused anything for breakfast except juice, lots more spit up from a tiny little girl... and a whopping headache to top it off. oh, and the batteries in the baby papasan died, so there's no soothing, vibrating seat to help keep my sanity in check. yikes. that's why it feels like a monday.
on the other hand, when you come across a silly photo like this, things seem to get just a bit brighter. it made me laugh (half-heartedly, but it was an attempt)... the good thing is, it's only 9.30 am, so we have the rest of the day for things to go more smoothly. sorry, people... i needed a quick pity party. anyway, now i'm smiling (forced, but scientists say it induces real happiness if you do it long enough) and counting to ten... and now maybe the rest of the day will be better!!!
Best of 2017
8 years ago
9 comments:
Oh man, I remember those days. I sat on the couch with Trae on one side of my lap screaming and Archer screaming because Trae was screaming and trying to push him off my lap all the while crying and saying "shh, it's okay...shhhh." Hang in there, it will get better. :0)
Happy Birthday, anyway!!! I remember days with both of them crying...and at 14 mos and infant, there's not much you can do. I sat in the chair and rocked both of them until they fell asleep. Good luck!
Hope you have a good rest of your birthday. These kinds of days often come with two, but their cuteness and cuddles make up for it :)
These days are tough; our 1st three kids are all 14 1/2 months apart..so we had plenty of these days too..there's no quick fix, easy cure.. just lots patients, deep breaths, and yes.. if it helps, cry with them! :) Happy bday! P.S. just be glad your hubby helped with dishes..don't be too hard on him, I'm guessing he doesn't always do that, so he's learning (if he does dishes alot.. your lucky!)
Happy Birthday!! Hope your day is going better than it started....take care!;0)
Lindsay,
I wonder if Madison has some sort of allergy? My personal experience with America: when I have dairy products she either gets colic, or spits up ALOT. It's worth a try cutting something out (are your instincts telling you anything? I instinctivly knew it was milk for us. Or maybe I was just lucky...milk is the most common allergy!)and you should be able to see results in 2-3 days if that's the case. Maybe she's just a spitty baby though! Our first 4 never spit up or had colic, so I knew there was something going on with the 5th.
Audrey
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, there, sweet relatve... Have a good day(the resst of it) and a GOOD YEAR>
LOVE me
Happy birthday, Linds!! Hope you get to go out for supper! That would make it seem more like birthday...less like Monday!!!
Sounds like a tough day...hope it got better for you!
By the other comments, I'm assuming it was your birthday so..Happy Birthday to you! :)
Post a Comment