Monday, January 05, 2009

ARGHHHH!

so- no real change since the last visit. really? i mean, isn't pre-labor supposed to change things just a little?? anyway, dr h was kind of hoping that we'd have had this baby by now... that makes three of us, buddy. we have an evening appointment scheduled for next week monday, but we're REALLY crossing our fingers that we don't have to keep it. when your doctor is kind of let down that there's no baby yet, you know things should really start happening. anyway, he did try to "stretch" things out a little, so maybe that will prompt a little action. i've tried just about everything else (that's safe or that i feel comfortable with), so hopefully that will do the trick. i think dr h's main concern is that she's already "good sized", so the longer we go the bigger she gets. of course, that's just a guess on his part... who knows- maybe she'll be really petite after all. whatever the case, i think we might be in for it if we show up for our appointment next week, hahaha.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sorry...that's a bummer!

I found out with my second pregnancy that even if you are progressing, that doesn't mean much. I stayed at 2.5 cm for an entire month. My dr told me I wouldn't make it another week, and guess what...I made it another four!!!

And I'll share a gem that oodles of people shared with me, and I didn't believe/appreciate it until after the fact. Enjoy your last days with Cole. You'll never ever have this time back and his world will be changed in such a huge way shortly. So enjoy the last few days. Hard as it is!

Hang in there!!!

Heather S said...

I agree TOTALLY with Melissa. Enjoy this time with Cole. Life changes when you have 2 (and 3 and 4 ;)
And just remember, however far you progress now 1cm, 2cm (no matter how loong it takes or how little) is that much less you have to do in 'actual labor'. ( I was 2cm for a loong time, and almost 4cm, for a week!)
I remember closing in on the end, then being overdue.. not a great feeling. Hang in there.. I know, easier said than done!