so, i finally made my prenatal appointment. i was putting it off because i was dreading going back to dr quack, but as luck would have it, he doesn't do obstetrical. weird, because that was one of the things listed on his profile from our insurance search, but whatever. i decided that instead of going over to the women's health division of sun life family clinic, i'd just go find someone else altogether, somewhere a little more on the up and up. i found new horizons women's care here in casa grande. they are accepting new patients but i wasn't able to get in till 6/20. apparently, everyone else has more confidence in new horizons than sun life too! anyway, the receptionist was really friendly- already a step up from sun life. they were very quick to mention that they only deliver at the hospital in chandler, which is one of the suburbs of phoenix, but that's fine with me. i think wisconsin is much more advanced when it comes to the ob department- all the hospitals here (and i mean ALL) still have you labor, deliver and recover in one room and then send you to a different room for the rest of your stay. or maybe new london is the only place where you are in the same room from check-in to check-out? anyway, i looked at the chandler hospital website and it seems much nicer than casa grande regional medical center. if you want to, you can check out new horizons at newhorizonswomenscare.com.
5 comments:
I'm happy for you! That's a big decision to make. I couldn't imagine having to change to a new OB/GYN! After already finding one I liked. I can't wait to hear about your apt!
Glad you found a new doc! Good luck with your appt. Keep us posted. I delivered at AMC and they do ck in to ck out all in the same room....unless of course, you have to have a c-section(lucky me...groan) then you get taken to a separate surgery room...where you fall in love with your anesthesia guy because he keeps you pain free and prevents vomiting!:-) So yeah, I would say WI is probably a little more advanced in the OB dept!:-)
thanks heather! yeah, i feel like i'm stuck in the 50's or something. and i agree- those anesthesia guys are something else, especially when they are willing to get outta bed a little before midnight just for you!
WHAT? No Pictures? haha.
Im glad that you made an appt!
Yes! It was so good talking to you! Don't be sorry at all! I really enjoy it :). Hope you all are doing well! Glad you found an "okay" doctor! Excited to hear how everything is going....
Post a Comment