... but i'm fairly certain it won't involve copying this.
silly boy!
the winter whirl (the annual clintonville winter festivities) was this weekend. our neighbor suggested i reserve a table at the craft and vendor fair for my hats. so i did. it didn't cost much, so if only one hat was sold, i'd get my investment back.
well, i DID sell one. i sold one off the table and took 5 or 6 orders for sock monkey hats. who'd have thought?? it went better than i thought- and i'm going to be b-u-s-y the next few days, filling orders. but it's all good. i made a little profit on it, so i'm happy. out of all the designs i've done, i never thought the sock monkey hat would be the winner. it's not a new idea- you can find sock monkey-inspired hats other places, but i guess there's no suppliers around our little town to compete with. the majority of my orders are for adults. middle-aged adults. blame it on the nostalgia. (i think it's cute, for the record!)
please excuse the idiotic grin- the model has no clue how to pose for the camera. :)
(top view... some people wanted a longer 'do for the "hair", others wanted the classic pom-pom)
7 comments:
Oh my gosh! That hat is awesome...I totally see the appeal! I'm glad it went well...I have a few questions about the Etsy thing, maybe if you're on Facebook tomorrow we can chat a little about it :)
sure!! my chat isn't always reliable but we can give it a whirl... afternoon work ok for you?
what a silly goof!!!! him and coy will get along GREAT! :D
and oh, that hat is so so so cute! that would be sweet in little boys size.. ;)
thanks for posting! we rarely get our other neices/nephews mommy's to post...so im glad you do! like cole's longer hair by the way! i really miss you guys! not sure i can wait 2.5 more months to see you...;(
waiting is the pits...but hopefully it will all be good and well!;0)
adorable hat...:0)
Hi. Hope you don't mind me popping in. I hop over from Melissa's blog every once in awhile. I thought I should leave a comment so it doesn't feel like I'm just lurking.
LOVE the hat!! I love sock monkeys and have thought about making the monkey itself.
Seeing your son with 3 pacifiers made me remember when my daughter was still little and her thing for awhile was to have 2 pacifiers in her mouth. :)
Hope all ends well with the tests results! *hugs* from afar
I know from experience that waiting is the hardest part--even harder than reality, because you can deal with reality. Waiting is just torture in limbo land! We're thinking of you especially now.
neisha: i don't mind you popping in- great to "meet" you!! kids have the funniest phases, don't they? and thanks for the hug- consider it reciprocated :)
bonita: i've no doubt you understand... :) thanks for the support! now that we know everything's ok for now, it's a huge relief!
Post a Comment