Friday, May 23, 2008

and... there he goes!

so yeah, quick post... cole actually CRAWLED today! really crawled, not the usual dolphin-flop thing he has been doing... hard to explain, it's like he gets himself up on his knees and then flops his upper baody forward. looks funny, but effective and amazingly speedy... anyway, i was rushing around to get the cleaning and other various chores done, and i ducked into the bedroom to get something, leaving him happily flopping around the kitchen floor. when i came back he was crawling toward a basket of clean laundry, no doubt with the intent of wreaking havoc on mommy's freshly laundered load. i was speechless and just stood there and watched him. he got to the basket, which required a little redirection, thus breaking the spell- he realized that he had my attention, so he went back to flopping. upon encouragement from mommy to crawl, he smiled real big and just flopped some more. hmmm. i guess this is supposed to be a secret talent, so don't tell him that you know... :)

1 comment:

Justin and Susie said...

That's awesome! Finally, eh? He's so darn cute!! I love all the pictures you do, and I wish I could do it too! I'm terrible with that kind of stuff... Have fun with the in-laws!!!