Tuesday, April 15, 2008

8 months

yesterday i decided to take cole's 8-month photos. i HAVE kept up on his monthly pictures, i just don't have good editing software or a printer, and i am still waiting for a good computer to do all of it on. i have all the shots saved onto disc, though, so when i'm ready to get them out, a bunch of you will get several months all at once! i know cole's technically not 8 months until friday, but when the opportunity for a good shooting session presents itself, as a parent, you just run with it. who cares if it's a few days early or late? anyhoo, the time was perfect... between nap and lunch, he was happy and goofy, a little uncooperative but that's to be pretty normal. he did really well, and i was happy with him. not as happy with the photos, though; they turned out decent, but with the way the windows and lights are in the apartment, it's almost impossible to get good lighting. i don't have any lamps here, otherwise i could have rigged up some makeshift backlight to get rid of the shadows... if i had more than one lamp, i could even try to make side lights! i found several websites that show how to make homemade studio equipment (pretty basic stuff, mostly softboxes and stuff, muslin backgrounds too), so maybe in the future, i can get some better-quality shots! still, i love, love, LOVE taking pictures of cole! he's so funny sometimes! here are my favorites from yesterday...



(so cute the way he put his head to the side... i LOVED it!!!)




(playing with daddy on sunday afternoon)



("hiding" from daddy... lol)





(oooops.)

sunday afternoon cole was playin on the floor with kelvin and crept himself backward until he got wedged under the chair. he had a lot of fun, till he realized he couldn't wiggle himself out. he's still determined to get everywhere just by scooching backwards. talk about stubborn... he's so close to crawling, i wish he'd just do it already! he'd be alot happier. into much more trouble, but happier none-the-less, which means the rest of us will feel a little more relaxed.
oh, and elissa gets here today! for those of you waiting for baby news, feel free to visit her website... they had their ultrasound yesterday (hint hint). :)

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Lindz, Try "Photo Scape 3.0" It's really easy to use and a lot of fun...and the best part it's FREE!

Ashley said...

I love the pictures they are so cute!! He sure is a ham. Have fun with Elissa! If I remember right your parents and Sarah are coming this weekend right? Have fun and take LOTS of pictures. Give them a hug for me. I miss you guys and hope we get to see you soon. Hugs!

P.S. If you try photo Scape and want to do something ask I can try to help ya. :) That or I'm sure Elissa has something too.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Well I hope you get a new computer so that you can play with the pictures. I love it, I think it's so much fun!

Amber said...

Cole is such a little cutie. Enjoy the time with your family:0)

Amber said...

How did Elissa end up with a plane ticket to Vegas?

Justin and Susie said...

I miss your Culver's visits!! How are you all? and Phoenix? Warm, I'm sure...I hope you have a really good time with Lissa and everyone!! I know she's been really excited to come down. I have a question, how do I just made my blog, but how do I put a song on my thing?

Amber said...

No crib yet...;)