chugging:
i also had a little project of my own i got to complete today...
...something beyond headwear and blankets. my mom had gotten this sweet little sundress for madi last spring, anticipating that she'd be able to wear it this year. i've been half-way keeping my eye out for a little short-sleeved something-or-other to pair it with, but never really saw anything. the other day i got her a long-sleeved cropped sweater from old navy but that's not going to work in the warmer weather (assuming it ever gets here...) and decided to just give in and try to make something myself. reading patterns is something i still can't do, and i guess in all honesty, i don't really care to learn. in a way it would be nice to know, but i like to make my own original creations and i'm afraid that if i DID learn, i'd be tempted to just rely on patterns for everything instead of coming up with my own things. that said, learning to read patterns would mean that i'd be able to write my own for the stuff i come up with. in the mean time, i've got my own lingo scribbled on notepads here and there...
... and it works for me. madison doesn't mind either, seeing as how she seems to really like her "new shirt". easy to please, she is!
not bad for someone who really doesn't have much of a clue, eh? i'd like to make another to list on etsy to see if it might be worth adding to my line. what do YOU think? yea or nay?
*
tomorrow is my 6-week postnatal visit (more like 7 weeks, but that's ok!); i'm hoping to get the ok to start working my abs. they're bugging me. ick. and i'm hoping to get some possible answers about the persistent (and rather intense) backache at the spot where i had my spinal, epidural and blood patch.
6 comments:
The sweater is adorable!!
I STILL get pain in my back where I had my epidural and it's been longer than a year! I thought maybe I was just feeling things! Let me know what your doc says about it :)
Susie
thanks, susie :)
yeah... three needles in one spot, not cool! i'll message you tomorrow and let you know what he says. it's almost like there's a slight bump there too. crazy. i never had any issues (lasting pain) with the epi's i had with cole and madi, so this is kinda weird. but yeah- watch your fb inbox tomorrow evening :)
yea!
The shrug is adorable :)
that sweater is adorable, great job! had my 6 wk checkup wednesday, hope your's went well too!
You made that by yourself? Wow, I am so impressed. I can't do anything other than square afghans by myself. I depend only on patterns. You have to tell me how you did that! That's awesome! Do you know how to make is bigger or smaller though?
I hope your pain goes away fast!
Post a Comment