Thursday, March 10, 2011

36-week visit

well, there's not as much to report as i'd have liked (personally).
baby's down low (but i've known that for a week and a half, hahahaha!) and i'm not dilated at all.
however, i AM about 20% effaced, so that's good.
dr h gave me the green light, so baby can come any time from here on out.
i won't lie, i'm a little disappointed- i was hoping that with all the contractions and such, there'd be more change. i guess it doesn't really matter much, though, because one can remain dilated/effaced for weeks or go from no dilation or effacement to active labor within a few hours. i'm hoping that baby will come next week, though, because that's when my baby sis is home for spring break! :)

4 comments:

Heather S said...

yeah on the green light!! you're right.. things can change in the blink of an eye (or stay the same for weeks).
anxious to hear lil man's arrival!

The Papendorfs said...

I agree on the dilation thing. Could go from zero to lots in little time as soon as baby's ready! I think next week would be perfect.. I hear there's gonna be a full moon so maybe :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OHHH!
SO EXCITED about the green light . . . . hope he comes soon!
Good news-I will be in WI all next week well-Saturday until Tuesday the 22nd :D:D

Even better news!
I got my practicum:
60 hours in mother/baby
60 hours labor and delivery!