and it's a bitter-sweet "we're back". while we have a new hard-drive and all is well (albeit, our poor laptop smells like cigarettes and cat pee), all the photos that i didn't get a chance to put onto cd (because the hard-drive died mid-project) are gone. the guy that fixed it said that if he spent a few more days digging around, he might be able to get them, but that would mean a higher bill, and if he wasn't totally positive that he could retrieve them, well... but we got the old hard-drives in the desk drawer, so if anyone has any experience with this, please raise your hand. (ahem, matt h.!)
so yes, i am VERY sad about my photos. several hundred of them, spanning over the last few months. things that were just so cute. moments i'll never get back. images lost that i will shed tears over. unless, of course, we get them back by some small miracle. then i'll still cry, but for joy.
now begins the rather un-small task of resetting everything. re-doing our settings. re-loading programs. grr.
but hey... WE'RE BACK!
9 comments:
I can do it...
If you can find out who I am...
:)
hi ste??
:)
I take it they are laptop harddrives?
Linds Matt said he can look at it for you. I'll call you tomorrow :)
Hey! If your two other guys fall through, Justin is a total NERD and can do anything with computers! He's redone ours a million and one times. Good luck! I missed you :)
thanks guys! :) originally we had two hard-drives (i think the guy called it a raid system- does that sound right?) and he put in one big one instead. according to him (and from now on i'm taking his word with a very small grain of salt), he couln't get a single thing off the old drives, but like i said, small grain of salt.
and "anonymous": yes, they're laptop drives. sony vaio. think you might be able to work some magic? :)
yay! glad you're back! now where are the pictures of my neice and nephew? hehe :)
Welcome back! :) What a bummer about your pictures! I never delete them off my camera until their on a cd.. I learned the hard way once too :(
yeah, i should have known better. in my defense, though, our computer is just over a year old AND if i kept all my photos on the chip until they were on cd, i'd have a million and one chips laying around. no kidding. sorry you lost photos, that's such a bummer (we've learned)!
Post a Comment