yes, cole went to school- high school, even! wow... and from what i hear, he did really well. he got to see what auntie sarah does all morning, and auntie sarah got to see what happens to your everyday life when you have a little one to worry about. cole even got to see grandma (as a lunch lady). my mom called this afternoon after she was done with work and we were back home, and reported that sarah had brought cole by the cafeteria several times and each time he was just babbling away, all excited about something!!
this was cole before we left the house... he was up bright and early at 5.30; i heard the sound of him falling out of bed (first time!!) while i was in the shower. he seemed fine- happy to be up and going "byyyyyye" in the "cah"!
cole and auntie sarah before starting the day... he had other things on his mind. like running around the parking lot. or something similar...
and this is cole after going to school! he was SO tired- we had lunch with dad at culver's (sarah too) and then dropped sarah back off at school. we were about a mile away from the school before he passed out in his carseat. of course, once we got into clintonville, he woke up and had no interest in resuming his nap (he really could use the other half... or more...). now he's happily scattering legos all over the living room. while cole was giving auntie sarah a taste of parenthood, madison and i had a little "girl's morning out". we we went to kmart, then to mainstreet marketplace. we wandered goodwill to kill time before some other shops opened. she ate, then we went to dragonwings bookstore and a cool little place called embellishments. if you ever get to waupaca and want to see a really cool store, i recommend dragonwings... all kinds of books and kid/baby books and toys, not to mention an AWESOME reading corner... they have music, too. maybe those of you from my generation remember a local musical sensation (from amherst) named tom pease? he was THE coolest way back when; we used to get as many of his tapes as we could from the library whenever we went on long trips, and we knew all those songs by heart. i remember dad singing along too! well, dragonwings had a few of tom's albums on cd, so i got one titled "wobbi-do-wop". i forgot how fun (and a little dorky on occassion) his songs were!! the album i really wanted wasn't there, but i know i can always get it online. but it's such fun, and good clean music for kids that we really enjoyed when we were little, and i want cole and madison to be able to enjoy it too. (i have to admit that i still like the guy... laugh if you want, hahaha!)
i'd like to know what my readers think- did you ever listen to tom pease? what was your favorite song? was there another kids' artist or group you just had to listen to because it was the coolest? c'mon... dig back into the memories of your childhood that have been pushed aside by the cares and responsibilities of adulthood and tell me what your favorites were!
10 comments:
banana-nanana-nanana-na slug!!!!
hahahahaha!! i forgot about that one... i want to get "boogie boogie boogie" because it has "swing on a star" on it... you can order the cd's from tompease.com, fyi. oh hey... bra link??
sorry...never heard of tom pease...maybe i'm TOO old?;0)
oh yeah - http://www.onehanesplace.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prnbr=19273&cgnbr=3071000000
I haven't heard of this Tom guy either...
Tom Pease came to our school to perform one time. He had mouth harps and stuff for some of the kids to use. He was a lot of fun.
When I used to babysit for Sorenson's and others, I would play tom Pease in the car.
I remember going to concerts with my family at the Gordon Bubolz Nature Preserve and seeing him there. Favorite song...I haven't heard his song in a long time, but probably "Love Grows One by One" I actually have a CD of his from when I worked in Day Care, he even signed it for me!
oh, cole looks like me everymorning when i had to go to high school...."NNNOooooooooo, i dont WANNA go!!"
ok, i'll stop commenting now :)
funny- i thought tom pease was THE big thing when our generation was small... then again, i remember strange things. anyhoo...
elissa- cole was actually pretty excited, he just was not happy about having to sit on the chair while mommy took pictures... typical!
I hadn't heard of Tom Pease until a few years ago. I used to play it for a girl I cared for when I worked with the disabled. My sister and I LOVED Raffi when we were kids...amazing how many of the songs I still remember...
Post a Comment